Tuesday, April 5, 2011

APRIL II

Around midnight tonight, around
midnight to night
things have got to change
around midnight to night
this is the time when the fires
in all the houses of egypt
let me see
and all the crying in egypt
is a devil's symphony
i have choked up tears, too
i have a mourning and a moaning of my own
around midnight tonight i will lament
that i can't go back to my own home
the sunny days remind me of being
driven away
the loud music that the neighbor's play and
homelessness in my own skin
then it reminds me of all that has
not happened and
of the price you pay for living this life
turn over my skin, like the lambskin,
spread my blood across the lentil
and the door
gut me open like you did before
this is the time of my freedom
it comes in sungliht and evergreens
and it comes by way of weeping

No comments:

Post a Comment