Tuesday, March 29, 2011

i bet even if i didn't tell you,
if i didn't tell you...
and if i didn't tell you
i was having fun, would i still have it
and if i didn't tell you that
in a burst of lust i pretended
i made love to you and you
never know that everything
flowed out of me onto my
hand onto my bedsheets
then when we meet,
is it still an affair,
at least on my part and if i
keep it to myself, and if i
keep it to myself, am i still alive,
or do i have to prove it to you
do picture books pick up where
memory left off and can i find you
and can you climb inside me?
not long ago you came to me
all in wonder and i wondered
about you and i came to you
and spread my flesh across you
and all my mouth could not take
you in and all of god could not take
me in and so i got a new one,
and do you remember by the old moon
how i loved you and how
we moved together,
tethered like that,
time out of mind
and how i felt you,
and how i knew you?

No comments:

Post a Comment