Thursday, October 29, 2009

THIS FREEZING TIME



there has been a steady knocking long after midnight
long after one, and you are standing there at the door
dejected, desperate, hair in your face all nailbitten
and you say, because you know me
don't make me stand here all dejected, desperate,
nailbitten
i know how you love to humiliate me
please, don't make me beg
and when did god make you something more than human that at this
freezing time you don't need me
the way i need you?
and i viewed me the way you must've for one second
every bit of trust in our love, and in our need
that made me this sarcastic thing and then
you standing there thin, worn to absolute
man humanity and i let you in
and i let you in
come
let's not play games another moment
and lets not misinterpret the word virgin
i heard one crying in the wilderness
and it was the groan from your mouth
as i pressed my hand to your hair
and maybe it was from my mouth too
and maybe past pride, in giving up
and giving in
to each other
there
is the beginning of salvation?

No comments:

Post a Comment