Saturday, March 21, 2009




only yesterday
i was sad and lonely and it
was a hundred thousand years ago
i spent a stack of millenia waiting
fruit on these trees, rip'ning, falling, rotting
all the sweet smell, of useless wealth
and these breasts, heavy with so much to give
and the field was empty
and my heart was lonely
and only i sat, swelling, then wilting
in the waste country
this morning
it is not all about me
let me be wise
let me be kind
let me see it is not all about me
let my lips be wet with love
let me be absolutely stiff with compassion
the heart attack, the artery block of
fierce, fierce love
come down in fire
from your cherubim throne
and fill me lady
come down from your seat of glory
and glory, here in me
i am the house
i am your glory
all along
i have been your throne

No comments:

Post a Comment